How Adobe and Google Are Shaping The Future of Digital Analytics

Being an avid user of Adobe programs, I was immediately interested when I saw the title of this article. Two of the biggest names in our era… now that’s a must read. This article by Pierre DeBois sets its readers up for a little lesson on the powerhouses of analytics, Adobe and Google. He provides marketing options that are important to consider when dealing with the scale of Adobe and Google.

One important idea presented is to focus on customer centricity. DeBois states that, “The behavior of empowered customers, instead of brands, drives influence.” This includes things like, responsive design for searching across platforms and an expectation for personalized marketing. This tactic may challenge the way marketers organize, as well as potentially drive a shift in analytics strategy. The prestige of Google and Adobe has them keeping up with these trends just fine.

DeBois then lays out his ideas for where this influence could lead marketers. He believes this could lead them to: (a) delays in establishing a solid digital foundation that could damage a business, (b) recognizing that customers are not channels, (c) a less valuable technical capability from analytics that creates ad-hoc analysis, and (d) positioning to profit from the evolution of engagement. DeBois urges not to wait till the site launch to establish analytics, because in our digital world today, that’s simply too late. Customer views should be seamless, which means marketers must use solutions that merge digital and offline data sources as easily as possible, blending the two channels. Marketers must also implement tagging solutions in order to encourage a shared understanding of their usage.

As Google and Adobe begin to incorporate these strategies, Amazon is slowly trying to sneak into the game. They added a feature where business users can track their analytics, clearly trying to compete with that of Google and Adobe. Amazon is looking to expand their presence from a mainly online business presence to an in home model as well. These advancements could lead to competition over time. This means that business owners must continue to customize personalized campaigns in order to stay on top. Although a 2011 statement read, 43 percent of the top 500 retail sites use Google Analytics, that leaves room for the other 57 percent to use emerging resources like Amazon.

Although a bit of a wordy article and not as easy of a read, this article brings some very relevant and intellectual information about the outlook for digital analytics. To get the full details, click to read the full article below!

Read Full Article Here!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s